File management and abstraction is provided by the silverstripe/assets. This provides the basis for the storage of all non-static files and resources usable by a SilverStripe web application.
By default the SilverStripe\Assets\File has these characteristics:
- A default permission model based on folder hierarchy.
- Versioning of files, including the ability to draft modifications to files and subsequently publish them.
- Physical protection of both unpublished and secured files, allowing restricted access as needed.
- An abstract storage based on the flysystem library, which can be substituted for any other backend.
- Can be embedded into any HTML field via shortcodes.
Learn how to work with File and Image records
Learn how to crop and resize images in templates and PHP code
Manage access permission to assets
Describes the persistence layer of files
Manage migration of legacy files to the new database structure