File management and abstraction is provided by the silverstripe/assets. This provides the basis for the storage of all non-static files and resources usable by a Silverstripe CMS web application.
By default the SilverStripe\Assets\File has these characteristics:
- A default permission model based on folder hierarchy.
- Versioning of files, including the ability to draft modifications to files and subsequently publish them.
- Physical protection of both unpublished and secured files, allowing restricted access as needed.
- An abstract storage based on the flysystem library, which can be substituted for any other backend.
- Can be embedded into any HTML field via shortcodes.