Version 4 supported
This version of Silverstripe CMS is still supported though will not receive any additional features. Go to documentation for the most recent stable version.
File management and abstraction is provided by the silverstripe/assets. This provides the basis for the storage of all non-static files and resources usable by a Silverstripe CMS web application.
By default the
File has these characteristics:
- A default permission model based on folder hierarchy.
- Versioning of files, including the ability to draft modifications to files and subsequently publish them.
- Physical protection of both unpublished and secured files, allowing restricted access as needed.
- An abstract storage based on the flysystem library, which can be substituted for any other backend.
- Can be embedded into any HTML field via shortcodes.