Contributing Issues and Opinions
If you have discovered a bug in SilverStripe, we'd be glad to hear about it - well written bug reports can be half of the solution already!
- Framework Bugtracker
- CMS Bugtracker
- Documentation Bugtracker
- Search on http://addons.silverstripe.org/ for module-specific bugtrackers
- Request features: UserVoice.
Before submitting a bug:
- Ask for assistance on the forums, core mailinglist or on IRC if you're unsure if its really a bug.
- Search for similar, existing tickets
- Is this a security issue? Please follow our separate reporting guidelines below.
- Is this a issue with the core framework or cms? Modules have their own issue trackers (see http://addons.silverstripe.org/)
- Try to reproduce your issue on a clean installation, maybe the bug has already been fixed on an unreleased branch?
- The bugtracker is not the place to discuss enhancements, please use the forums or mailinglist. Only log enhancement tickets if they gather a large interest in the community and the enhancement is likely to be implemented in the next couple of months.
If the issue does look like a new bug:
- Create a new ticket
- Describe the steps required to reproduce your issue, and the expected outcome. Unit tests, screenshots and screencasts can help here.
- Describe your environment as detailed as possible: SilverStripe version, Browser, PHP version, Operating System, any installed SilverStripe modules.
- (optional) Submit a pull request which fixes the issue.
Lastly, don't get your hopes up too high. Unless your issue is a blocker affecting a large number of users, don't expect SilverStripe developers to jump onto it right way. Your issue is a starting point where others with the same problem can collaborate with you to develop a fix.
Please don't file "feature requests" as Github issues. If there's a new feature you'd like to see in SilverStripe, you either need to write it yourself (and submit a pull request or convince somebody else to write it for you. Any "wishlist" type issues without code attached can be expected to be closed as soon as they're reviewed.
Reporting Security Issues
Sharing your Opinion
- silverstripe.org/forums: Forums on silverstripe.org
- silverstripe-dev: Core development mailinglist
- silverstripe-documentation: Documentation mailing list