Contributing Issues and Opinions
If you have discovered a bug in SilverStripe, we'd be glad to hear about it - well written bug reports can be half of the solution already!
- Framework Bugtracker
- CMS Bugtracker
- Documentation Bugtracker
- Search on http://addons.silverstripe.org/ for module-specific bugtrackers
- Request features: UserVoice.
Before submitting a bug:
- Ask for assistance on the forums, core mailinglist or on IRC if you're unsure if its really a bug.
- Search for similar, existing tickets
- Is this a security issue? Please follow our separate reporting guidelines below.
- Is this a issue with the core framework or cms? Modules have their own issue trackers (see http://addons.silverstripe.org/)
- Note that documentation issues are tracked in the "developer-docs" repository.
- Try to reproduce your issue on a clean installation, maybe the bug has already been fixed on an unreleased branch?
- The bugtracker is not the place to discuss enhancements, please use the forums or mailinglist. Only log enhancement tickets if they gather a large interest in the community and the enhancement is likely to be implemented in the next couple of months.
If the issue does look like a new bug:
- Create a new ticket
- Describe the steps required to reproduce your issue, and the expected outcome. Unit tests, screenshots and screencasts can help here.
- Describe your environment as detailed as possible: SilverStripe version, Browser, PHP version, Operating System, any installed SilverStripe modules.
- (optional) Submit a pull request which fixes the issue.
Lastly, don't get your hopes up too high. Unless your issue is a blocker affecting a large number of users, don't expect SilverStripe developers to jump onto it right way. Your issue is a starting point where others with the same problem can collaborate with you to develop a fix.