Getting started with Silverstripe
Before you start developing your first web application, you'll need to install the latest version of Silverstripe onto a web server. The Getting Started section will show you what server requirements you will need to meet and how to install Silverstripe with Composer.
Silverstripe has a wide range of options for getting support:
- Get help on our Slack channel
- Join our forum
- Ask technical questions on Stack Overflow
- Read the technical reference in our API Documentation
- Get a user-focused overview of the CMS features in our User Help
- Discuss new features, API changes and the development roadmap on the "feature ideas" category in our forums
Building your first Silverstripe web application
Make sure you know the basic concepts of PHP before attempting to follow the tutorials.
The Developer Guides contain more detailed documentation on certain Silverstripe topics, 'how to' examples and reference documentation.
Contributing to Silverstripe
The Silverstripe Framework, Content Management System and related websites are open source and welcome community contributions.