This document contains information for an outdated version and may not be maintained any more. If some of your projects still use this version, consider upgrading as soon as possible.
A single component often uses a number of interfaces.
Provides HTML for the header/footer rows in the table or before/after the template.
- A header html provider displays a header before the table
- A pagination html provider displays pagination controls under the table
- A filter html fields displays filter fields on top of the table
- A summary html field displays sums of a field at the bottom of the table
Add a new column to the table display body, or modify existing columns. Used once per record/row.
- A data columns provider that displays data from the list in rows and columns.
- A delete button column provider that adds a delete button at the end of the row
Action providers runs actions, some examples are:
- A delete action provider that deletes a DataObject.
- An export action provider that will export the current list to a CSV file.
Modifies the data list. In general, the data manipulator will make use of
to decide how to modify the data list.
- A paginating data manipulator can apply a limit to a list (show only 20 records)
- A sorting data manipulator can sort the Title in a descending order.
Sometimes an action isn't enough, we need to provide additional support URLs for the grid. It has a list of URL's that it can handle and the GridField passes request on to URLHandlers on matches.
- A pop-up form for editing a record's details.