This document contains information for an outdated version (3.2) and may not be maintained any more. If some of your projects still use this version, consider upgrading as soon as possible.
- Make sure the webserver has MySQL and PHP support (check our server requirements).
- Either download the installer package, or install through Composer.
- If using with the installer download, extract it into your webroot.
- Visit your domain or IP address in your web browser.
- You will be presented with an installation wizard asking for database and login credentials.
- After a couple of minutes, your site will be set up. Visit your site and enjoy!
If the above steps don't work for any reason have a read of the Common Problems section.
SilverStripe ships with default rewriting rules specific to your web server. Apart from routing requests to the framework, they also prevent access to sensitive files in the webroot, for example YAML configuration files. Please refer to the secure coding documentation for details.