This document contains information for an outdated version and may not be maintained any more. If some of your projects still use this version, consider upgrading as soon as possible.
3.1.7 introduces a re-authentication feature, which allows user working in the CMS to quickly re-enter their password and continue working should their session expire. This occurs through a popup dialog, which asks the user for their current password to continue working.
If using a custom
[api:Authenticator] class to replace the default MemberAuthenticator, then by default this feature
will be disabled. If multiple authenticators are used, only supported ones will be available within the CMS.
In order to create a CMS supported version the
methods should be overridden. See
[api:MemberAuthenticator] for an example implementation.
Check the documentation at the Authentication topic.
In this version the way that the default admin user is managed is slightly changed. Rather than defaulting to the first administrator user in the CMS, a user logging in as a default admin will always be assigned to a "Default Admin" user with admin privileges. In the past, this user would only be created if no other administrators existed.
This release includes only minor security related patches.
- 2014-07-05 c247dd5 Add default $lock_out_after_incorrect_logins value SS-2014-016.
- 2014-10-24 5d27ea4 File attach handler is no longer accessible if attachment is disallowed or disabled SS-2014-014.
- 2014-10-06 53c40a9 Enable re-authentication within the CMS if a user session is lost BUG Resolve issue with error redirection being ignored within CMS BUG Fix issue with invalid securityID being re-emitted on failure (Damian Mooyman)
- 2014-08-18 920978d Add ClassInfo::table_for_object_field (Will Rossiter)
- 2014-06-01 8fb5e9c New JS sprintf and inject replacement functions (colymba)
- 2013-12-05 b273f3b Updated aspect proxy service (Marcus Nyeholt)
- 2013-12-05 b8f4576 Use injector to create database class (Marcus Nyeholt)
Features and Enhancements
- 2014-08-16 2b316e7 Provide a consistent way of triggering flush (Sean Harvey)
- 2014-08-13 62f4fdb Sanitise task name in runTask (Kirk Mayo)
- 2014-11-03 56142b8 sprintf missing on exception in SilverStripeNavigator (Sean Harvey)
- 2014-10-30 392ddef Image resizing breaks when one of the resized image dimensions is between 0 and 1. Solution: Round up to 1 instead of down to 0. Converted php errors to exceptions in the process. (Jeremy Shipman)
- 2014-10-23 d6e1c51 Prevent JSON response showing when re-opening closed tab (fixes silverstripe/silverstripe-cms#1121) (Loz Calver)
- 2014-10-21 478edfa Upload: File versioning with existing files reinsert oldFilePath = relativeFilePath in while loop (Devlin)
- 2014-10-20 49cb38d Fix static call to protected instance method (Damian Mooyman)
- 2014-10-20 8310135 Broken links on dependent pages tab (micmania1)
- 2014-10-17 20af30e GridFieldExportButton exporting only Paginated list when using ArrayList as source (Stephen McMahon)
- 2014-10-15 570f261 Tag-less cache backends error on flush (Loz Calver)
- 2014-10-14 793784e Fix flushing of SSViewer cache via testing (Damian Mooyman)
- 2014-10-09 bad9aa1 i18n support in LookupField (Milan Jelicanin)
- 2014-10-07 48eb0e6 Deliberately clear partial cache blocks on flush (fixes #1383) (Loz Calver)
- 2014-10-01 776f697 Text::BigSummary() fails with undefined $data when $plain = false (Sean Harvey)
- 2014-09-03 fe42abc CSSContentParser fails if CLI tidy doesn't output anything. (Sean Harvey)
- 2014-09-03 56d84d2 MySQLDatabase performs queries on wrong DB connection when using connection $name != 'default' (Damian Mooyman)
- 2014-08-26 cf456d6 use @param $colName in column call (Gabrijel Gavranović)
- 2014-08-26 7993875 Sorting a DataQuery over a relation. (Will Rossiter)
- 2014-08-22 8063b34 Fixing Director::test() failing on BASE_URL prefixed URLs (Sean Harvey)
- 2014-08-20 61c6dee Fixing plural_name messing up singular words ending in "e" (#3251) (Sean Harvey)
- 2014-08-15 79c7276 Reapply fix for cms crashing due to History.js blindly appending slashes to end of url (Damian Mooyman)
- 2014-08-14 5f1552b Custom label set in summary_fields config gets overridden (Sean Harvey)
- 2014-08-14 7c2eee1 Fix 'undefined index 0' (Damian Mooyman)
- 2014-08-11 69de7e3 Fix incorrect parsing of HTML content (Damian Mooyman)
- 2014-08-08 fbc7e7c Fix issue with generating tree data for missing pages (Damian Mooyman)
- 2014-07-28 02265dc Correctly paddedResize images in IMagickBackend. FIX: Compression quality setting now takes effect. (Jeremy Shipman)
- 2014-07-28 47cc157 Keep ImagickBackend API consistent with Image_Backend interface and fix color formatting. (Jeremy Shipman)
- 2014-07-28 bf3ad56 Image_Backend -> croppedResize function doesn't include a backgroundColor, therefore this shouldn't be assumed in ImageMagick->croppedResize (Jeremy Shipman)
- 2014-06-27 19e0d5e declarations matching PHPUnit_Framework_Assert (Michael Parkhill)
- 2014-03-12 96d0874 Fix issue with inheritance of Injector service configuration (Damian Mooyman)
- 2014-01-31 1661213 Opt-out pf form message escaping (fixes #2796) (Ingo Schommer)