This document contains information for an outdated version (2.4) and may not be maintained any more. If some of your projects still use this version, consider upgrading as soon as possible.
Themes can be used to kick start your SilverStripe projects, and generally make you look good.
Head to the [ Themes ]
http://www.silverstripe.org/themes area of the website to check out the wide range of themes
the community has built. Each theme has a page with links you can use to preview and download it. The theme is provided
as a .tar.gz file.
Unpack the contents of the zip file into the
themesdirectory in your SilverStripe installation.
- putting the following line in your ./mysite/_config.php: `SSViewer::set_theme("themename");` - changing the theme in the Site Configuration panel in the CMS
- Visit your homepage with ?flush=all appended to the URL.
Developing your own theme
See Developing Themes to get an idea of how themes actually work and how you can develop your own.
Submitting your theme to SilverStripe
If you want to submit your theme to the SilverStripe directory then check
- You should ensure your templates are well structured, modular and commented so it's easy for other people to customise them.
- Templates should not contain text inside images and all images provided must be open source and not break any copyright or license laws. This includes any icons your template uses in the frontend or the backend CMS.
Your theme file must be in a .tar.gz format. A useful tool for this is - 7 Zip. Using 7Zip you must select the your_theme folder and Add to archive, select TAR and create. Then after you have the TAR file right click it -> Add to Archive (again) -> Then use the archive format GZIP.
- [Themes Listing on silverstripe.org]
- [Themes Forum on silverstripe.org]
- Themes repository on github.com