This document contains information for an outdated version and may not be maintained any more. If some of your projects still use this version, consider upgrading as soon as possible.
Windows with Web Platform Installer (WebPI)
(Windows XP, 2003, 2008, Vista and 7)
Download and run Microsoft Web Platform Installer (WebPI): (http://www.microsoft.com/web/gallery/install.aspx?appsxml=www.microsoft.com%2fweb%2fwebpi%2f2.0%2fWebApplicationList.xml&appid=105)
- In WebPI, select 'SilverStripe' from the 'Content Management System' link
- Select install. It will install dependancies like MySQL and PHP if you don't have these installed already.
- Type in the questions it asks you, such as the username/password you set in the above MySQL installation:
- Everything should be installed, with you seeing the initial webpage
- And you can log-in to the CMS
Important: Installation issue on XP
After you've installed SilverStripe on XP using WebPI. You'll need to make a configuration change to get it working.
Specifically, you need to configure XP not to check that a script file exists before executing the script. This is
necessary for URLs of the form
http://localhost/silverstripe/index.php/about-us/ to work.
- Open IIS Administrator
- Expand the local computer tree node
- Expand the Web Sites tree node
- Right click on "Default Web Site" and select "Properties"
- Select the "Home Directory" Tab.
- Click the "Configuration Button towards the bottom on the right
- Select the "Mappings" Tab
- Find the .php mapping, select it and click the "Edit" button
- Make sure the check box "Check that file exists" is cleared.
- Hit OK's all the way back up and restart IIS
- Microsoft Forum: http://forums.iis.net/1155.aspx
- SilverStripe Installation Issues Forum: http://www.silverstripe.org/community/forums/installing-silverstripe/